Photobucket

Saturday, April 23, 2011

career. job. work.

Don't talk about the definitions in dictionary or books or whatsoever. Instead, tell me what it really means to you. For me, I prefer not to regard my job as work. I want to regard it as something that I want to do in life. Something that keeps me going, something that interests me, makes me smile, and makes me feel happy doing it, thinking about it and spending time on it. Like a hobby. If a job is just work and there's nothing else more to it, I will start thinking about work-life balance. Then I'll start to put less heart at work and constantly thinking about play. And that's not what I want. I want my work to be play. I don't mean being not serious but having fun. I want my work to be part of my happy life. So there will be no such thing as overtime work!

"What's work? I'm not working. I'm doing something that I want to do in life and something that I love."

Let's pause. Whatever I'm saying, is this possible? Does it really make sense? Or am I just dreaming about it? Am I thinking of everything too perfect? I know that I don't think big, but I think of too perfect things. I just want to do what I enjoy doing, so I can even do it non-stop without whining. So I can be willing to do it even on weekends, without whining. And I won't waste my time.

In this way, having fun has two categories. One is with money flowing in while another is with money flowing out. The former is so-called work and the latter is so-called play or life or whatsoever. 'Work' is the way to earn money. Definitely, this is a fact we cannot deny. My questions are what do I want to do and whatever I want to do, can it allow me to fulfill my adventure dreams? How should I go about achieving my dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment